Under the item 4.2 in the policy named "POLICY ON OFFICE ACCOMMODATION AND QUARTERS OCCUPATION BY PUBLIC OFFICIALS"
Office Accommodation is defined as All office space or premises occupied by government ministries and departments.
The Office Accommodation Division is responsible for the Office Accomodation and office fit-outs for Ministries and Departments. The policy in Office Accommodation is govern under PSC Circular 79 of 2011
Ministries and Departments shall comply with the following procedures on the office entitlements as per details:
- OFFICE ACCOMODATION STANDARD
- Office Layouts -
- Modern and open plan office layouts shall be used for reasons of economy, flexibility, supervision and as aid to ventilation and lightings.
- In cases where privacy are required, strategic placement of filing cabinets and cupboards, or the use of free standing screens and planter boxes shall be used rather than the construction of fixed partitions. Individual cubicles or separate offices are not personal entitlement for officers of any particular grade and shall be approved only on the basis of demonstrated need.
- Minister - floor to Ceiling partitions, carpeted floor and provisions of separate toilet and shower facilities; = 250sq. ft to 300sq. ft.
- Permanent Secretaries - floor to ceiling height partitions, carpet floor; = 250sq.ft to 250sq. ft.
- HODS (US02- US04) - floor to ceiling height partitions, = 200sq. ft. to 250 sq ft.
- Officers of SS01 - shoulder height partitions, 120 sq. ft. to 150sq. ft.
- Officers SS02- SS03 - Open space, need for shoulder height partition must be justified – 100sq ft to 120 sq ft.
- Officers SS04 and below - open space 70sq.ft. to 100sq. ft.
- Conference room - 27sq .ft.per person.
- Waiting room - 22sq.ft.per person.
- FURNITURE &OFFICE EQUIPMENTSTANDARD
- To streamline practice on the procurement process of office equipment, the authority to purchase office equipment shall be the responsibility of Heads of Departments. The types of equipment covered under this delegation are as follows:
- PC and accessories
- Laptops/notebooks/& Accessories
- Fax Machines & accessories
- Paper shredders
- Duplicating machines
- Overhead projectors.
- The delegation to Heads of Departments in 6.2.1 does not cover the purchase of furniture for quarters or offices.
- Care shall be also be considered when Ministries and Departments plan to purchase technical items. For example, it is prudent that ITC assesses computers prior to any purchase.
- RENTING OF OFFICE SPACE IN SUVA
- Ministries and Departments seeking additional office spaces in Suva area shall send their requests to the PSPSC.
- If space is not available in government owned premises, arrangement shall be made to rent suitable space at privately owned premises and the Director for Lands shall be requested to conduct valuation on the premises before a letting agreement with the respective landlord concerned.PSC shall at the appropriate time authorise the Ministry or Department concerned to take occupation of the rented premises.
- OFFICE ACCOMMODATION OUTSIDE SUVA
- Ministries and Departments seekin g additional office space outside Suva shall consult the appropriate Divisional Commissioner.
- If official office accommodation is not available the Divisional Commissioner shall identify suitable premises for rent and recommend to PSC with the details of the available premises.
- On receipt of the recommendation from the Divisional Commissioner, PSC shall examine the request and determine to proceed with renting or not.
- If PSC decides to proceed then it shall request the Ministry for Lands for valuation and inspection report on the premises.
- If findings in the valuation report are favorable, PSC shall then enter into a letting agreement with the landlord and decision shall be communicated in writing to the Divisional Commissioner for the concerned Ministry/Department to occupy.
- Under no circumstances shall Ministries and Departments occupy rented premises until a written approval has been obtained from PSC.
Rental of Government Quaters Application Form
For further details, please contact Office Accommodation Division:
Telephone: (+679)3316521 or (+679) 3316522
Fax: (+679) 3302554.
We are located at the:
Government Information and Referral Centre (G.I.R.C) Building,
Corner of Scott and Thompson Street,